CIMMYT’s Finance Department is responsible for the financial health of the organization and for providing efficient, effective and service-orientated financial processes. The planning, administration and reporting of the usage of financial resources and assets supports the achievement of short and long-term strategic goals of the Center.
The main business functions, roles and responsibilities of the Finance Department of CIMMYT are:
- Financial reporting and control.
- Grant Financial management and reporting.
- Strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Treasury and working capital management.
- Capital budgeting.
The vision of the Finance department is to:
- Provide services that respond to the CIMMYT’s internal and external needs, reflect best practices and are cost-effective and timely.
- Provide professional advice that is sound and forward-looking.
- Maintain a clean process from the register of expenses up to reporting to funders.
- Maintain strict compliance of the fundamental principles of financial management (financial accountability, internal controls, record-keeping, audits, planning, budgeting, cash-flow management, treasury management and financial reporting).
- Provide a sound planning process by providing the necessary financial information, also assessing the institute’s financial situation and advising accordingly.
- Ensure that the institution is capable of meeting all financial reporting requirements – statutory management and contractual – on a timely basis.
- Provide an enabling working environment with continuous staff capacity development.